Today, there is a great happy news for all Moto G4 Plus and G4 users that the Moto has started updating Stable Android Oreo OPJ28.111-22 updates for G4 Plus and G4. This update has been release for all users. If you can not wait too much for this update like me and just want to install this update, then today I’m going to tell you how to download and install here, which will help you to update your Moto G4 Plus/G4 to Oreo. Also Check out Scribd Downloader for Downloading Document on your PC and Phone
- 1 What things would you need to update to Oreo?
- 2 Method 1. How to Install Android Oreo on Moto G4 Plus [Bootloader Locked]
- 3 Step 1. Backup your Data and Factory Reset Moto G4 Plus
- 4 Step 5. Enable Storage Permission on Motorola Update Service App
- 5 How to Update Stable Oreo on Moto G4 Plus Manually
- 6 Method 3. How to Install Android Oreo Stable on TWRP Recovery
- 7 Moto G4 Plus Oreo Bugs
What things would you need to update to Oreo?
- Android Oreo OPJ28.111-22 Zip file [Download from below Link]
- Moto G4 Plus/G4
- Your phone should run on stock firmware NPJS25.93-14-18/Oreo Soak Test OPJ28.111-11
- Stock Recovery Installed on your device
Method 1. How to Install Android Oreo on Moto G4 Plus [Bootloader Locked]
Step 1. Backup your Data and Factory Reset Moto G4 Plus
Before updating your phone, you will need to make the backup of the phone’s important data such as WhatsApp Chat, Photos, Videos and necessary documents and save in computer / laptop. Which you will be able to restore the data after updating the phone and you will be able use it again.
Step 2. You have to Factory-Reset the phone. Factory-Reset is very important if you install Oreo update without factory-resetting your phone, your phone may be damage.
Step 3. Now you have to Download Stable Oreo Update for Moto G4 Plus / G4. Stable Oreo OPJ28.111-22 file is available below which you can download by clicking on the following link.
Step 4. After downloading, you have to copy this Zip into the phone’s internal storage.
Step 5. Enable Storage Permission on Motorola Update Service App
Step 6. Once the storage permission is enable, Go to Settings > About > and Tap on Check System Update. system update notification will show up on your phone, now you can update your phone by clicking on the notification. This update will be do in the same method as you install any OTA update.
How to Update Stable Oreo on Moto G4 Plus Manually
If your phone does not receive a system update notification, then you can also use the below method.
- Copy the zip file in your device internal storage
- First switch off the phone.
- Now you have to Power-On the phone into the Recovery mode.
- There will be many options in the Recovery mode, from which you have to select Update from SD Card.
- Now you have to find the zip file which was copy to your phone and select it.
- Once the file is select, your phone will start updating.
Method 3. How to Install Android Oreo Stable on TWRP Recovery
If your Moto G bootloader is unlock, then this method will do the job for your Moto G4 Plus.
- First you need to open the phone in TWRP mode and wipe the phone’s data. For this you have to go to TWRP Recovery and select Wipe> Format Data Option.
- Now you have to Download Stock ROM BackUp. After downloading, you have to extract the backup file and copy it to TWRP folder.
- Now switch off the phone and boot the phone in TWRP mode.
- Now you have to restore the backup file which was you copy. To do this, click on Restore to select the backup file. Restore the Backup by swipe the “Swipe to Restore” button at the bottom as soon as the file is selected.
- Once the file is restore, your Moto G4 Plus will update to Oreo. Now you can use the phone.
Moto G4 Plus Oreo Bugs
This method will definitely work on your phone. This is an official update for the Moto G4 Plus but it is still running in Oreo test due to which you can see small bugs in it. So far there are some bugs notice, like Moto actions are working slowly. I am also use Custom ROM Android Pie for Moto G4 Plus and Check Out How to Root Android Oreo Moto G4 Plus OR.
- Swipe to shrink screen [Slow]
- Chop for Flashlight [Slow]
- Pick up to stop ringing [Slow]
- Twist for camera [Slow]