Today JAVA has become the most used software for computer. If you are a software developer then you will need JAVA software. because today all the developer are working on JAVA Programming Language and if you have to run any coding or software related to JAVA then you need Install JAVA JDK or JRE on your Computer/Laptop.
Both of these JAVA JDK and JRE are available for Windows, Linux, Ubuntu and MAC operating systems. In this Blog-Article you will learn to download and install JAVA JDK and JRE properly on your Computer/Laptop.
Requirement for JAVA JDK/JRE
As I mentioned, JAVA can be installed on different operating systems, but each of these operating systems has different requirements, so you can read the requirement for your operating system from below.
Method 1. How to Install JAVA on Windows
Step 1. Download JDK
First you have to Download JDK. To download, you have to download according to your computer’s architecture. If your architecture is 32-bit then download 32bit JDK and if your architecture is 64-Bit then you have to download JDK 64-BIT.
This java is installed on your PC’s C: drive. If you want to change its location then you can. But I would recommend that you install it in C: drive. Once installed, it will be installed in this location.
Step 3. Configure JAVA JDK Environment Variable Path
After installing, you need to Update the Environment Variable in the Windows System. If you do not do this, JAVA JDK will not work on your computer.
To edit PATH, you have to follow the below instructions carefully.
- To do this you have to go to this location C:\Program Files\Java\JDK\bin and Copy above line from your PC.
- Now you have to go to this location“Control Panel”> System and Security> System> Click “Advanced System Settings”.
- In “Advanced System Settings” you have to go to Advanced tab and select the Environment Variables option.
- In the Environment Variables, you have to Click on the “New” button and make a new variable with the ‘NAME’ of JAVA_HOME and In ‘VALUE’ = Paste the Line that you copy in 1. “C:\Program Files\Java\jdk10802_201\bin”.
- Once your Name and Value is set, Click on Done button.
Done Now you can use Java on your Windows Computer/Laptop
Method 2: How to Install JAVA on MAC
- First of all, you have to Download JAVA JDK file for MAC.
- After downloading, you have to run the file using the mouse.
- Now, You have to click on the Java Icon.
- You will now see the Welcome screen which is to click on the next button from below. As shown in the lower picture.
- After ‘JAVA‘ installation is complete, you have to press the close button from the bottom.
- Done, Now you can use your MAC with JAVA environment.